Friday, October 24, 2008

Snowbird


























Well, the past couple weeks have been fun and busy for us. We went on our yearly trip to Snowbird with my mom's side of the family. It's so much fun! We all go up whenever we can during the week and just relax, eat, swim, eat, play games, eat, etc. On Sunday usually everyone comes and we have dinner together and play bingo. My grandma also makes a quilt every year and draws out the name of a family or individual who gets the "Snowbird Quilt" for that year. She also has a jar of candies to guess every year and the winner gets a Snowbird t-shirt. We usually celebrate the October birthdays as well. Lucky for me, I get to celebrate mine up there! I was spoiled by my family. They're the best! We went on the tram this year, but it was so snowy and cold at the top it we pretty much got off the tram and then right back on again. :) During that time Blake(my brother) managed to fall and hit his face and knee on the stairs. He had a nice bruise for quite a few days. PS I know I blab, but I don't want to worry about making it sound good, I'm just writing my memories, hopefully it's not too boring ;) Anyway, I worked as a substitute teacher and it was UEA so I got to come up a few extra days to Snowbird which was great. My brother Sean and I stayed up late doing puzzles and we even went to the gym one day! It was fun spending some time with him, it's been a while since we have gotten to hang out alone together. Snowbird is such a fun memory for us. When the fall weather starts, "It smells like Snowbird"

No comments: